Dr B D Pathak is piooner of general surgery in Faridabad. He is one of the oldest surgeon in Faridabad. Dr Pathak has performed highest no of surgery in Faridabad region. He is also LIMICA BOOK RECORD holder. Dr Pathak is associated with one of the best hospital in the region Fortis Escorts Hospital, Faridabad. Fortis Escorts Hospital has access to world’s best, technologically advanced surgical and diagnostic types of equipment. Dr Pathak is capable of treating the most complex and challenging rare disease conditions with a very high success rate, across the specialty areas of GI, Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery.
Dr Pathak and team is known to provide compassionate care to the patients, by displaying empathy to the patients and taking care of the patients even before the start of the surgical procedure to the time the patients have fully recovered.
- Laparoscopic Surgeries: Laparoscopic surgeries are minimally invasive procedures and usually treat disease conditions related to gastrointestinal tract, reproductive organs, liver and other organs. This type of surgery requires a small “keyhole” type incisions in the abdomen, thereby resulting in less pain and faster recovery for the patients. This procedure is also known as Keyhole surgery or minimally invasive surgery.
- Gallbladder surgery: This is one of the most common surgical procedures. The procedure is a safe and effective treatment for the patients with symptomatic gallstones. This surgery can be performed by laparoscope and removes gallbladder or gallstones through incisions in the abdomen. The process of removal of gallbladder procedure is called cholecystectomy.
- Hernia: Hernia is bulging of an organ or tissue through an abnormal opening. Hernias are most common in the abdomen, however, they can also occur in upper thigh, belly button and groin areas. Hernioplasty is a simple and a safe procedure to repair hernia. Many inguinal hernias can also be repaired by a minimally invasive laparoscopic procedure.
- Appendix: Removal of the appendix is called Appendectomy and is one of the most common surgical procedures across the world. Appendix is a long, narrow tube which is attached to the colon. Laparoscopic Appendectomy is the easy process to remove the appendix through a small incision in the right lower abdominal wall.
- Hiatus Hernia: Hiatal hernia occurs when the upper part of the stomach bulges through a large muscle, which leads to separation of the abdomen and chest. Small Hiatus hernia does not lead to any symptoms, however, large hiatus hernia can cause heartburn and may require surgery. Nissen fundoplication is the most common surgery for Hiatus Hernia. The Nissen fundoplication procedure also requires the use of a laparoscope.
- Thyroidectomy: This is the procedure where all of or a part of the thyroid gland is removed. This surgery is done when a person has thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism or goiter. There are three types of thyroidectomy: Conventional thyroidectomy, Transoral thyroidectomy and endoscopic thyroidectomy. Endoscopic thyroirectomy is the most common type of procedure to remove thyroid gland.
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgeries (Scar-less): Single Incision Laparoscopic surgery is the future of laparoscopic surgery and is done only through a single incision. Traditional open gall bladder surgery requires a big 6-inch incision and a standard laparoscopic gallbladder surgery requires four small incisions but a single incision laparoscopic surgery requires only one small incision near the belly button. Single incision is a rapidly evolving technique and has been successfully used by surgeons to operate appendix, gallbladder and Bariatric surgery via sleeve gastrectomy.
- Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS): The Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery is performed by using a video camera, placed in the patient’s chest. This procedure is also called pleuroscopy.
- Empyema drainage/Decortication: Decortication is a procedure that removes a restrictive layer of fibrous tissue overlying the lungs, chest wall and diaphragm.
- Thymectomy: Thymectomy is the procedure that removes the thymus gland.
- Mediastinal Biopsy/Tumor Removal: Mediastinal surgery consists of multiple procedures used for biopsy or removal of abnormal tumor growth in the lungs.
- Lobectomy: Lobectomy is the most common surgery performed to treat lung cancer. In lobectomy procedure, an incision is made on the side of the chest between the ribs.
- Bariatric Surgery: Bariatric surgery is a weight management surgery performed on the stomach or the intestine for obese patients with a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or more. However, if a patient has other health problems such as type 2 diabetes or heart relates issues, BMI range between 35 and 40 can also be considered for the weight loss procedure. A Bariatric surgery is a good option for patients who cannot lose weight through exercise and diet or have other serious health problems related to obesity.
- Anorectal Disorders: Anorectal disorders occur at the junction of the anal canal and the rectum. Fortis Hospital, Faridabad surgeons are specially trained in diagnosing and treating a wide range of anorectal disorders.
- Stapler Hemorrhoidectomy: This surgical procedure removes the abnormally enlarged hemorrhoidal tissue. The procedure is faster and is associated with less pain.
- Fistulectomy : Fistulectomy is a surgical procedure that removes the fistulous tract completely.
- Fissurectomy: An anal fissure is an ulcer in the skin around the anus. The removal of anal fissure is called Fissurectomy.
- Hepatobiliary Disorders & GI Malignancy: Hepatobiliary cancer consists of heterogeneous group of malignancies, wherein the standard treatments are minimally effective. This type of cancers evolve slowly with the time and develop mostly in the liver
- Liver cyst: Liver cyst is the abnormal growth of cysts in the liver, however, these are not very common and do not display any symptoms. In some cases, the liver cyst can be large in size and can be painful. In such cases, the cyst is drained and is surgically removed.
- CBD Stone: CBD stone is a common bile duct stone also known as choledocholithiasis. Open cholecystectomy or laparoscopic surgery are two well-known surgical procedure for removal of CBD stone.
- CA Carcinoma Colon: Colectomy is the surgery where all parts of the colon are removed. In some cases, during the surgery, the nearby lymph nodes are also removed. However, in case, not the entire colon but only one part of the colon is removed then the procedure is called hemicolectomy.
- Varicose Vein Surgery: Varicose vein are the large veins commonly seen in the legs. The surgical removal of varicose vein is a cosmetic procedure. Endovenous ablation is an image-guided, minimally invasive treatment for varicose veins. The procedure uses radiofrequency or laser energy to cauterize (burn) and close the abnormal veins leading to varicose veins.